Maria D. Hale
Orlando Criminal Defense Attorney
Maria D. Hale is a founding partner of Hale & Hale, P.A., has over 12 years experience in the criminal justice system, and defends those accused of various criminal charges, including assault, battery, driving under the influence, theft, domestic violence, drug possession, manslaughter and other violent crimes. As a former Prosecutor in central Florida with the State Attorney’s Office, Maria D. Hale witnessed first-hand strategies and techniques used by the prosecution. In that position, she was also made aware of the State's areas of weakness. By learning her adversary's techniques and approach from the inside, and after practicing criminal defense, she is in a position to help you make an informed decision about your case.
Maria D. Hale also coaches mock trial teams throughout the state, has previously been a teaching assistant in trial advocacy, and was selected to train and critique young Florida Prosecutors DUI prosecution techniques for the Florida Prosecuting Attorney Association Train the Trainers Program.
Extensive Criminal Law Experience
After graduation from law school, Maria D. Hale became a Prosecutor in the central Florida area. During her tenure with the State Attorney's Office, she conducted nearly 50 jury trials for crimes such as aggravated battery, aggravated assault with a weapon, grand theft, battery on a law enforcement officer, lewd and lascivious acts on a child under 12, possession of cocaine, DUI and domestic battery. As a member of the State Attorney DUI Manslaughter Special Prosecution Unit, she completed several Advanced DUI schools and was later selected to train young Prosecutors DUI prosecution techniques.
- Former State Attorney DUI Manslaughter Special Prosecution Unit
- Former Prosecutor for the State Attorney’s Office
- Florida Prosecuting Attorney Association Trainer and Critiquer
- Teaching Assistant in Trial Advocacy, Stetson University College of Law
- Mock Trial Coach, Pinellas Park High School, Stetson University and Barry University
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.), Stetson University College of Law, 1998
- State Bar of Florida, 1999